Get Your Boat or RV Ready for the Outdoor Season
What you need to do to get your boat and RV ready for the outdoor season
Start the season off right! Review these tips before you even get your boat or RV out of storage for the summer season.
- Remove the covers and inspect the entire vehicle or vessel to ensure everything is in good working order, Take your boat to a qualified marina for a detailed inspection. You do not want to be in the middle of the Chesapeake Bay and discover a problem that could have been avoided.
- Make sure the tires on your RV or boat trailer have the proper air pressure.
- Check fluid levels and make sure there are no leaks
- Before starting the vehicle, check under the hood for any animals or birds that may have set up a nest.
- Check all batteries and cables and replace the batteries in all smoke detectors.
- Test your headlights and brake lights.
- Be sure to put your boat plugs back in before placing the vessel in the water.
- Ensure state certifications or registrations are up-to-date.
- Review your owner’s manual and take the RV to a service location to make sure it’s ready for the roads.
- Review your Boat Insurance Policy and RV Insurance Policy for the optional specialized coverages that you may need, such as Roadside Assistance, Emergency On Water Towing (Boat) and Vacation Liability (RV), just to name a few.
For more information on these or any other specialized coverages, please feel free to contact one of our insurance professionals at 410-647-1111
Huff Insurance is a full service Independent Insurance Agent We have been dedicated to Protecting Lifestyles™ since 1960. We offer a full array of Personal Insurance, Commercial Insurance and Life Insurance & Health Insurance products. Call us at 410-647-111