Attention Waterproofing Contractors
Don’t let your waterproofing contractor insurance plan leave you under water
Waterproofing Contractor Insurance from Huff Insurance
Water proofing companies need a great waterproofing contractor insurance plan to fit their unique needs. Some companies only do pressure washing and applying a sealant to decks. Others are doing basement waterproofing including sump pump installation and French drain work. We have also worked with waterproofing contractors that offer indoor air quality testing and mold testing as additional value added services.
Water claims are the number one cause of loss to homeowners. Hydro-static pressure can cause water to enter the basement through foundation seams, cracked cement walls and floors, window wells, stairwell area ways and even porous concrete.
Waterproofing contractors can offer homeowners and commercial building owners a basement that is less vulnerable to mold, mildew, water damage and structural problems.
Waterproofing contractor insurance and concrete contractor insurance has become more difficult over the past 10 years. Consumers are more concerned about the effects of mold on their health. When hiring it is important to verify the applicant’s previous work experience and educational experience, including verifying that certificates are legitimate. Make sure that your company offers an orientation and training process to be sure that your employee is operating out in the field just as you would do it.
- Waterproofing Contractors General Liability Insurance Coverage: Protects for bodily injury and property damage that may occurring at your premises, at the job site or as a result of your work. General liability coverage also includes personal and advertising liability as well.
- Waterproofing Contractors Workers Compensation Insurance: To provide coverage to your employees if they are injured during the course of their employment
- Waterproofing Contractors Inland Marine Insurance Floater: Provides coverage for the specialized tools and equipment that you use, if they are damaged or stolen. In addition it is able to be endorsed to include the items that you are installing as well such as sump pumps.
- Waterproofing Professional Liability Insurance and Pollution Liability Insurance: Mold is generally considered a pollutant by the insurance industry; therefore the general liability coverage is not enough to give you coverage for this exposure. Development of mold or fungus from water intrusion due to incorrect installation, piping or incorrect sealing procedures, is only covered by a pollution liability policy
- Waterproofing Contractors Commercial Auto Insurance Coverage: Automobile insurance coverage can include coverage for vehicles for owned, non-owned, and hired autos exposure depending on your business needs.
- Cyber Liability/Data Breach Liability Insurance: Handling the personal information of your client’s, including their credit card information and personal information must be protected. Your business must be PCI compliant when processing credit card transactions. Even though, you do everything possible, data breaches still occur. This coverage provides protection for both 1st and 3rd party liability that arises.
We are confident that you will find Huff Insurance to be the best solution for your waterproofing business. We are committed to making your insurance buying process as simple as possible, doing our part in keeping your business successful. Contact us today to see what we can do to partner with your waterproofing business. Fill out a quote request or give us a call today at 410-647-1111.