Let Huff Insurance Cut Your Insurance Costs
If you already own a hair salon or barbershop in Maryland, then you already know how seriously your clients take their hair and looks. More than ever, dissatisfied clients are filing lawsuits against their beautician or barber. A proper Beauty Salon Insurance or Barbershop Insurance plan is essential.
At my beautician’s chair there is a sign that says “Beauticians are not Magicians.” However, many client’s expectations are that they can make them look gorgeous and when they leave disappointed some of them will sue.
Let’s suppose that someone comes in for a perm and the chemicals in the perm burn their neck and scalp. Surely, you don’t want your customers to be in pain or dissatisfied with your services. But, when she was supposed to have her wedding the next day, or a big public speaking appearance, and her self-image is ruined then your apology probably will not be enough.
Salons are busy places and the combination of water, electrical cords and clients that are distracted by the towel staying on their head, are prone to have slip and fall and trip injuries. Premises liability is very important for your business.
Hair salon insurance and barber insurance in Pasadena protects you from Business Liability Insurance in the rare case that a client suffers bodily injury. With your comprehensive business policy not only will you have general liability but it can be endorsed to include professional liability coverage.
We can insure the contents in the salon as well as providing you with equipment breakdown and business income coverage.
Salon owners has a variety of insurance needs and at Huff Insurance we want to help you put together a comprehensive plan that includes:
- Business Property Insurance – for your fixtures, additional plumbing and electrical expenses as well as your stock and inventory
- General Liability Insurance – to cover the liability associated with your premises, products and services
- Professional liability Insurance – to cover your “work”
- Workers Compensation Insurance– to cover an employee that gets injured on the job. Beauticians are known to have claims for repetitive motion such as carpel tunnel.
- Crime Insurance– Employee dishonesty is huge in this industry. Not only do you have concerns over employees stealing money or not ringing in services but the theft of supplies and inventory as well. Make sure that you have proper procedures in place to do background checks on employees. Also, using an accountant to contact an outside audit as well.
- Umbrella Insurance– You can purchase additional limits of liability coverage over your current general liability, professional liability and employer’s liability to provide you with the protection you need for your situation
- Cyber Liability Insurance / Data Breach Insurance– If the personal information is stolen then you are responsible for the cost to notify and monitor their credit.
- Employment Practices Liability Insurance (EPLI) – Having employees can bring challenges so if you are sued by an employee for discrimination, wage/hour issues, or sexual harassment you need this protection.
Maryland Hair Salon or Beauty Salon insurance and Maryland barber shop insurance is affordable and necessary. Hair salon insurance policies are developed to handle salons of all sizes and with the ever growing list of services. Working with the Staff at Huff Insurance will help ensure that you have the proper coverage in place to allow your business to succeed.
If you provide any or all of these services, our agency can assist your Maryland business
- Cutting Hair
- Hair Coloring
- Body Treatments
You may feel that you are already fully protected by your general business insurance policy. But your business is unique and you need a salon and barber insurance policy that protects you from its unique risks. Just like no two hair salons are exactly the same, there is not one policy that is the right choice for all salons.
Here are two reasons to get started right now!
- Make sure that you and your employees are protected from any lawsuits that could close your business.
- Get started right away with a no-risk quote. Just fill out the short form above, and we’ll get back to you with a salon and barber insurance policy that is affordable and offers you full protection
If you don’t own the salon and you are renting a chair and are concerned about your professional liability and general liability coverage we can provide you protection as well for as low as $150 a year.