BEFORE AN ERUPTION
- Volcano Disaster PreparednessPrepare an emergency kit and make a family communications plan. (Click Here)
- Follow evacuation orders issued by authorities.
- Danger from mudflow increases near waterways and with heavy rain. Mudflows can move very fast, so do not cross any bridge if a mudflow is approaching.
- Avoid low-lying areas such as valleys and rivers.
Other useful links:
- USGS Volcano Hazards Program includes activity updates, feature stories, information about volcano hazards and resources.
OR CLICK THE LINKS LOCATED IN THE MAP FOR LIVE UPDATES
MAYBE EXPLAIN THE IDEOLOGY OF A VOLCANO AND WHY IT WOULD ERUPT
ALSO THE EVACUATION ROUTES AND NUMBERS OF LOCAL SHELTERS
PLACES TO FIND FOOD/SHELTER/ETC