Protecting Lifestyles

Protect Your Assets And Income
From Disasters And Lawsuits!

Request a Quote


Are You Moving Soon?

You’ve taken a new job or just gotten married and bought a new home.

You’ll be moving to a new home in the great state of Maryland. To save money on the move, you decide to rent a truck from a well known rental company. As you’re on your way to your new home, the car in front of you stops suddenly. You rear end it causing considerable damage.

Are you covered?

Moving Truck Rental Insurance

Huff Insurance, Is a Moving Truck covered on auto insurance?If you initialed and signed yes to the insurance questions on the rental form then you’re covered. That’s because you purchased optional damage waivers and supplemental insurance from the truck rental company.

It’s good to check with your insurance agent, though. Some auto policies do cover a rental truck. And your renters or homeowners will probably cover your belongings while in transit.

Again, check with your agent prior to the move to make sure you’re covered; especially since you’re driving a vehicle you’re probably unfamiliar with.

You don’t want to add to the stress of moving and starting a new job by worrying about a truck accident. So, in most cases you’re probably best off buying the rental company’s insurance. It’s inexpensive and it’s reassuring to know that you’re definitely covered.

Contact Huff Insurance for a thorough review of this situation. We will give you peace of mind about your insurance coverage.

Now That You’re Moved In, What About Insurance?

When you move to another state your auto insurance and homeowner’s insurance will change. Insurance companies apply different rates to different states. Plus state laws may differ.

Auto Insurance

You can contact your current agent for a referral in your new state or find an agent on your own. But most likely, you’ll need to get another agent (unless your agent is licensed in your new state). Huff Insurance is licensed to do business in Maryland, Pennsylvania, Delaware, Virginia and West Virginia.

If you move within your state, report your change of address to your insurance agent. Since where you live impacts the rates, it may make a difference in your car insurance costs.

Homeowners Insurance

If you own a home, you’ll have to keep your home insurance in force until the house changes ownership.

For your new home you’ll have to supply proof of insurance prior to purchase. Even if you rent, you may need to provide proof of renters insurance as part of the lease.

You might want to consider getting umbrella insurance as another layer of coverage in the event you’re a victim of our litigious society. The umbrella insurance coverage kicks in after your homeowners insurance and or auto insurance policy liability limit is reached.

If your new home is part of an association, you might want to consider loss assessment insurance coverage. This coverage pays for a loss the association might assess its homeowners for. (For example, if the association gets sued and the judgment is greater than the association’s policy limits, they might ask the homeowners to kick in that overage.)

Finally, if you store belongings in a commercial storage unit, check your homeowners or renter’s insurance to see if they’re covered. If not, you may have to purchase a storage unit policy.

One Insurance Source

Talk with Huff Insurance if you’re moving to the Maryland area. We’ll make sure you get the right auto and homeowner’s coverage for you and your new surroundings. As a leading Trusted Choice Independent Insurance Agent, we have many highly rated insurance companies to choose from.

We will be able to obtain the best value and insurance coverage for your situation by making sure you receive all of your allowed premium discounts,

Huff Insurance is a full service agency.  We have been dedicated to Protecting Lifestyles™ since 1960.  We offer a full array of Personal Insurance, Commercial Insurance and Life Insurance & Health Insurance products.  Call us at 410-647-1111.