Pest Control Business Insurance
Maryland Pest Control Companies, Huff Insurance has a program for you.
Face it, you are a great exterminator, so you want to have a great exterminator insurance policy at a great rate, and we can help.
If you want to take the “Bite” out of your pest control insurance protection then call Huff Insurance 410-647-1111.
Imagine, you are headed to a job site with chemicals in the back of your truck, the driver from the side street pulls out right in front of you. You try to avoid them, but end up flipping your truck.
Now there are chemicals all over the road and going down the storm drain towards the bay. Do you have pollution liability insurance coverage for your pest control business?
What happens if you are giving the key to a large office building so that you can treat the building for ants over the weekend. You come back Monday to discover that you have misplaced the key? Now all of the locks to the building need to be re-keyed and 200 employees need to get new keys made.
Does your insurance coverage provide this lock and key replacement coverage on your exterminator liability insurance policy??
Huff Insurance has been working with pest control companies in Maryland for over 50 years. Pest control businesses have unique needs that are different than other businesses. You need to work with a Trusted Choice Independent Insurance agency that is familiar with your business and can help design an appropriate insurance program.
At Huff Insurance, we can insure a variety of pest control services, such as:
- General Spraying
- Lawn, garden and ornamental pest control
- Termite Control
- Wildlife and critter control
- Agriculture, horticulture, forestry
- Mosquito Control
- WDO/WDI Inspections
- Termites- including some termite repair work
As a pest control business owner, when putting together your pest control general liability insurance coverage you want to make sure that your policy also includes the following:
- Blanket Additional insured
- Waiver of Subrogation
- Per project Aggregate Limit
- Primary Wording endorsement
- Transit pollution coverage
- Job Site Pollution coverage
- Fire Legal Liability
- Completed Operations
- Personal & Advertising Injury
- Premises Liability
- Medical Payments
- Care, Custody & Control Coverage
- Lost Key Coverage
- Sudden and Accident Pollution
- Canine Mortality
Are you not sure what any of these terms mean, or if you have this insurance coverage? Then please call the agents at Huff Insurance to help you put together a plan for your business.
In addition, to the liability coverage you want to be sure that your plan includes the following:
- E&O Insurance Coverage– to cover your work.
- Business personal property insurance
- Building property insurance
- Business Income insurance coverage
- Business auto insurance
- Business Services Bond– to provide coverage for third party employee dishonesty, which protects against the service contractors employees who steal from your customer
- Inland marine insurance – to cover your mobile property
- Workers compensation insurance– to cover injuries to your employee while on the job, whether they got a pollutant in their eye, or were injured in an automobile accident.
- Employment practices liability insurance (EPLI) coverage as well to cover if an employee sues for sexual harassment, discrimination, or hostile work environment.
- Cyber Liability Insurance / Data Breach Insurance – if you have personal information of your customers, such as credit card information or other personal identifiable information then you also need coverage for .
- Commercial umbrella insurance
If you are doing termite inspections or bed bug remediation, then make sure that there is insurance coverage included for these types of operations. Some carriers exclude or limit coverage in these cases.
Having the right pest control business insurance coverage allows your business to succeed without having to spend you hard earned dollars to pay for uncovered losses.