Some people believe that automobile insurance is just a commodity – it isn’t.
All too often, drivers do not discover the importance of having adequate automobile insurance limits in place until after they have an accident.
We are all concerned about saving money where we can. But trying to cut corners on your automobile insurance coverage may cost you much more in the long run. Especially if you have an accident and are sued by the other party involved.
Thankfully, there are still some good ways to keep car insurance costs down. Many factors such as your driving record, type of vehicle and vehicle use may provide discounts.
Most automobile insurance carriers also offer many other discounts. This could include a discount for owning a home or a discount for payment in full.
As your Trusted Choice Insurance Agent, Huff Insurance will seek out these discounts. Because it is our job to make sure you have the right car insurance coverage at the right price.
Another way for us to ensure that you have the best automobile insurance protection at the lowest premium available is to examine your necessary coverage levels.
There are several different levels of coverage that make up an automobile insurance policy:
- Bodily Injury Liability: Provides insurance coverage to an accident victim and is required by the State of Maryland. The minimum automobile insurance limits required by Maryland are $30,000 per person / $60,000 per accident.
- Property Damage Liability: This insurance covers the cost of any damage that your vehicle causes to another person’s property. While this usually refers to the other vehicle involved in an accident, it can also include houses, garages, and anything else that counts as property. The current minimum limit required by Maryland is $15,000
- Uninsured / Underinsured Motorist: This pays for the damages to you that result from an accident caused by an uninsured motorist. This also pays for damages which cost more than an underinsured motorist’s insurance coverage can pay for. This is an important coverage as it directly covers your losses.
- Personal Injury Protection: This offers medical and other insurance coverages for the you and your family in the event of an automobile accident, regardless of fault. It will also provide coverage for you as a pedestrian are hit by a vehicle.
- Collision: Covers damage done to your vehicle when it collides with another vehicle or object.
- Comprehensive: Covers damage to your vehicle resulting from something other than a collision and any contact with an animal. Examples for this would be hitting a deer, broken windshields, theft, vandalism or flood.
- Other Miscellaneous Coverage: This varies depending on the insurance provider. This can include rental reimbursement, towing, roadside assistance loan/lease gap coverage, etc.
Contact Huff Insurance
Contact us today so we can find the best auto insurance for your needs. Our experienced insurance agents will work with you to get the best car insurance plan at the best value for you.