Workers Compensation Insurance in Maryland
If you have someone working for you then you need workers compensation insurance in MD.
We are also licensed to offer Workers Compensation Insurance in Virginia, Pennsylvania, Delaware and Washington DC.
Be vigilant about workers insurance. Get the best workers comp insurance plan for your small busness.
Imagine an employee getting hurt at your workplace. How would you feel?
Now imagine not having workers insurance.
- How would you pay the medical bills?
- Could you be sued?
- Could you lose your business?
- Can you pay the fine that you can be levied for breaking the state workers compenation insurance laws?
Who needs workers comp insurance?
If you have anyone working with you that does not have their own workers compensation insurance policy then you need to provide it. Even 1099 subcontractors who do not have workers comp insurance coverage can sue you for their medical bills and loss wages if they are injured at your job site.
If you are like most firms, you purchase the workers comp insurance. However, you do so while seeking ways to reduce the cost. The best workers compensation insuranced plans look at both cost and coverage.
Act now and contact Huff Insurance.
We can help save you a substantial amount of money by examining the following four areas as they pertain to your business:
- Rates: Workers compensation insurance rates are standard nationwide. But insurance companies apply “deviations, premium discounts or schedule credits” from those rates, up or down depending on your loss experience.
- Premium Audit: When it is time for your annual premium audit, we can help. The Huff Insurance team can make sure you are properly classified and that you maintain your records to receive the most advantageous payroll calculations and classes. Completing te required audit on an annual basis is the best way to be sure that you are being charged the most accurate premium.
- Experience Mod (Rate Modification Factor): We will help make sure your experience mod is an accurate reflection of your claims. A mod less than 1.00 means that you are running a very safe workplace. A mod over 1.00 means that you need to work with loss control and install safety measures to make safety a priority to all team members.
- Loss Control: A loss control or risk management program where injuries to your employees are minimal because of the safety features used on your premises. We ca help you evaluate your business to determine if safety procedures need to be initiated or changed.
Remember that workers compensation insurance premiums are based on your annual payroll. It does not matter if your payroll is all accrued in one month, one quarter or throughout the year. It does not matter if you have 1 employee or 1000 employees throughout the year. The only thing that matters is what the total payroll was over a 12 month term and what those employees actually do.
As a small business owner, here are some of the other insurance coverage that your business needs:
- General Liability Insurance
- Employment Practices Liability Insurance (EPLI)
- Commercial Auto Insurance
- Business Property Insurance
- Data Breach Insurance / Cyber Liability Insurance
- Installation Floater
- Commercial Umbrella Insurance
So start today and call Huff Insurance at 410-647-1111 or fill our the Workers Compensation Insurance quote form on this page,