On average, 9,000,000 identities are stolen in the United States each year. Often times, victims of identity theft victims are forced to spend their own money and time and energy just too clear credit histories and correct their financial history. All it takes is a small amount of personal information, and your identity can be stolen in the blink of an eye. In fact, there is a new victim of identity theft every 3 seconds in the United States. The statistics of Identity theft speak for themselves. That is why at Huff Insurance we offer Identity Theft Insurance to our clients. Identity Theft Insurance can be added to your Homeowners Insurance policy, and is at little cost to you compared to the hundreds of hours and dollars it would cost to just restore your identity to where it was before your identity was stolen.
What will Identity Theft Insurance cover?
- Victim-creditor liaison- review accounts, make corrections
- Credit monitoring
- Notification to credit bureaus
- Approved attorney fees
- Lost wages at work
- Loan application fees
What can you do to lower your risk of Identity Theft?
- Do not give out personal information over the phone.
- Shred all important documents, checks, credit cards, bank statements, mail, and other personal records.
- Do not carry your social security card, birth certificate, or passport- only when needed.
- Monitor bank records monthly and credit reports yearly. The more often the better as identity theft can go on for months, even years.
- Do not supply personal information to a non-reputable company or suspicious website.
- Beware of emails that appear to be associated with legitimate businesses, financial institutions or government agencies requesting personal information (Social Security number, bank/credit card numbers, personal identification numbers. Never give out financial information online unless you initiated the contact and know the party of whom you are dealing with.
What can you do to be sure you are protected?
Contact Huff Insurance today
.Insurance is complicated as it is, then it gets even more in depth with different policies and terms like Identity Theft. When you partner with a professional at Huff Insurance, you will be talking with an insurance protection veteran who knows the business and how the various insurance protections align with it.
Huff Insurance will put together a premiere Identity Theft Insurance package for you at an affordable cost. Huff Insurance is a Trusted Choice Independent Insurance Agency. We have protected the families and businesses of our community since 1960 and all of our staff are experienced in the insurance field. If you have any concerns or questions about Identity Theft Insurance coverage, and/or your policy please fill out the quote request form above, give us a call at 410-647-1111 or stop in and see us. We believe Identity Theft Insurance Protection is important to have. Your identity can be stolen at any second; it costs hundreds of dollars just to meet with a lawyer for one hour! You can protect yourself for much less and not even have to deal with the stress. Don’t just take our word for it; here is a testimonial from one of our clients.
“I’m thankful Huff Insurance discussed Identity Theft with me and offered me VERY reasonable identity theft insurance. It’s actually part of my homeowner’s policy. With the increasing numbers of people being victims, I jumped at the change to protect my name and my livelihood. Check them out… they are great!” –Vicki.
We have already helped Vicki, now we would like to ensure you are covered in case your identity is ever stolen. 9 million identities are stolen each year, you can protect yourself, or you can just become other statistic.
Huff Insurance is a full service insurance agency. We have been dedicated to Protecting Lifestyles™ since 1960. We offer a full array of Personal Insurance, Commercial Insurance and Life Insurance & Health Insurance products. Call us at 410-647-1111.