Solar Energy Contractors | Solar Panel Contractors | Renewable Energy Contractors
Solar Power is the Fastest-Growing Source of renewable energy in America
If you are a Solar Energy Contractor in Maryland, Pennsylvania, Virginia or Delaware, we can help you.
Your solar energy business is cutting the edge of new technology; you need an agent that is cutting edge too.
Here at Huff Insurance, we have an insurance carrier that has a program specifically designed for renewable energy contractors, or solar panel contractors.
Renewable accounted for 10% of the total U.S. Energy consumption in 2014, up from 6 % in 2004, according to the US Energy Information Administration (EIA). Solar, wind and geothermal production will nearly double over the next 25 years according to the EIA. We want to help renewable energy contractors, specifically solar energy contractors.
There are several different types of risk associated with renewable energy, and so understanding those risks are important in developing your insurance program.
Manufacturers of renewable energy will likely have product liability and property damage concerns. But, even those that install renewable energy or even just use renewable energy products have specific safety and workers compensation issues that need to be addressed. Did you know, in some jurisdictions, the fire departments do not want to enter a building that has solar panels on the roof?
Depending on the needs of your business, we can offer the following types of insurance coverage, specifically designed for those companies that work to protect the environment or generate clean, renewable energy.
- Property Insurance Coverage: Includes coverage for your business property, as well as coverage for the power generating equipment, industry-specific computer equipment and media, utility service interruption and for manufacturers we can even provide protection for the research and power generation operations.
- Inland Marine Insurance Coverage: This is a very broad policy that can be customized to provide coverage while items are in transit including ocean cargo as well as installation floater to cover the items that you are installing in case they are damaged in transit or during the installation process.
- General Liability Insurance Coverage: This is policy provides broad protection covering your business for both bodily injury and property damage coverage as well as personal & advertising injury from your work, your premises or your contracted services as well as other operations.
- Workers Compensation Insurance: This coverage protects your employees and uninsured subcontractors if they are injured on the job, whether at your premises, or the job site, or anywhere in between. In addition, we have several carriers that offer pay-as-you-go workers compensation, which allows you to have better management of your cash flow as well as avoiding surprises of large audits. This payment option is critical if you have staffing changes or if your business is seasonal.
- Professional Liability Insurance: If you are you acting as a consultant to those looking to invest in renewable energy, than you certainly need this coverage. Also, software development contractors need this coverage. There is a similar coverage called Manufacturers Errors & Omissions liability which is available for the wholesalers and distributors, service providers and manufacturers of equipment and durable goods within the renewable energy industry.
- Cyber Liability Insurance & Data Breach Expense Insurance: If you have private information of your customers, including credit card information, or name and address then you need to protect this information in according to Federal Legislation. This coverage provides both first and third party privacy coverage and is a must have for any business owner.
Renewable energy contractors, manufacturers and distributors will be increasing over the next 100 years.
Huff Insurance wants to be the agent for these types of business.
Your business works to protect the environment by using or generating clean, renewable energy and we want to partner with your business.
Give us a call at 410-647-1111 or complete the quote form on this page to get a proposal.