The Best Contractors Insurance In Maryland [Updated December 2020]
Who has the best contractors insurance in Maryland?
I would bet that there are plenty of contractors who wonder if they have the best contractors insurance every year when their insurance comes up for renewal.
The question itself is a tough one to answer, because how do you really measure who has the “best” contractors insurance?
What would the criteria be for the best insurance for contractors in Maryland or in any other state?
Several factors can to be evaluated to determine the best contractors insurance company, such as:
- Cost – Price should not be the only factor you look at when making your insurance decisions, but we do understand that it can be a factor.
- Insurance Coverage – You buy the insurance for the protection, so you want to make sure you have the right coverage if and when you may need it.
- Insurance Certificates – Getting certificates quickly and timely can ensure that you get paid on time. It can also be the difference maker in landing the job in the first place.
- Ease of Making Payments – Paying for your insurance should not be difficult and the company should be able to accept payment in the manner in which you want to pay it (Check, Online, EFT, Credit card, etc.)
- Claims Handling – If and when you need to file a claim, you want to deal with an insurance company who will be responsive and caring.
- Overall customer service – You want to do business with people you like and treat you well, and we know that.
How does Huff Insurance measure up to the above criteria?
- Insurance Cost – Huff Insurance deals with some of the top insurance companies in the state, region, and country. Several of our companies specialize in the contractors insurance market. Therefore, we have access to great coverage at great rates for you.
- Insurance Coverage – The Huff Insurance team will get to know your business and goals. We do this so we can not only recommend coverages for your current situation, but we can talk about getting the right coverage for you to be able to grow your business. We know the insurance requirements of several large general contractors who operate in Maryland. So if we understand that you want to grow your contractors business, we can suggest the coverages to have in place. That way, when the time to bid comes up, you already have the tight insurance coverage in place to make and win your bid. Not having the right coverage can delay getting your certificate of insurance and, therefore, possibly cost you a job.
- Insurance Certificates – The Huff Insurance team does our best to get you your certificates quickly. We can get them to you within minutes sometimes. You can be assured that you will have your certificate within 2-4 business hours if you request via phone, email or website request. We also offer an online portal that our clients can sign up for so they can issue basic certificates on their own at any time. That means immediate access to your certificates when you need them.
- Ease Of Payments – The insurance companies that we represent have a variety of payment options and methods. You can choose the payment options that are best for you and your business.
- Claims Handling – At Huff Insurance, we have a claims liaison who will be there for you in every step of the claim process. You will find that this is not the normal process at most insurance agencies. Most agents will pass you off to the company claims adjustors once the claim is called in. And the same for the online and direct insurance companies, where you will have an 800 number and a new voice to talk to each time you call.
- Overall Customer Service – At Huff Insurance, we pride ourselves on our customer service levels. We want to get to know our clients and work with you to protect your business and therefore protect your lifestyle.
- Etc. – Huff Insurance is local and we support the community that we are fortunate enough to be a part of. you can check out our community support page. Then there is the personal feeling that you get when dealing with an insurance company or insurance agent. That feeling that they actually care about you and your business
I cannot come out and say that Huff Insurance will provide you with the best contractors insurance in Maryland.
But I can say this. Huff Insurance works with some of the best contractors insurance companies not only in Maryland, but in the country. This allows us to work with you to find the best insurance company to fit your contractor’s business needs.
We have been writing contractors insurance for over 50 years. So our team has a gained deep knowledge of the contractors industry and will make sure that our clients have the protection they need for any type of contractor needs.
Huff Insurance has great insurance markets for the following types of contractors:
- Artisan Contractors
- Flooring Installers
- HVAC Contractors
- Paving Contractors
- Waterproofing Contractors
- Restoration Contractors
- General Contractors
- Gutter Installers
If you are a contractor and do not see your trade on this list, still call us. This list is not all inclusive and we should be able to help you. As I stated earlier, we partner with some of the best contractor insurance companies in Maryland and in the country.
Although we cannot come out and say that we are the best contractors insurance agency in Maryland, we can say that we are confident that we have the skills and insurance companies to serve your needs.