We Are Hiring An Accounting Success Manager Do you have accounting and/or bookkeeping experience? Are you looking for a career with a local company who is growing and will provide a career growth opportunity? If your answer to both of these questions is YES, then you have found the right page!
The Accounting Assistant performs routine transactions to the company’s accounting records, basic account reconciliation tasks and simple financial analysis. This position is responsible for collecting data from carrier companies, processing business transactions, like accounts payable and receivable, disbursements, invoices and policy payments.
- Daily process direct downloads from our carrier companies and reconcile in agency software
- Process and reconcile direct bill and agency commissions in agency software
- Weekly manage aged receivable reports
- Weekly process account current payable reports
- Daily process deposits and schedule earned commissions
- Produce monthly management reports
- Complete month end
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Excellent organization skills, sets priorities and manages work flow to ensure efficient, timely and accurate processing of transactions and other responsibilities
- Strong understanding of basic accounting such as debits/credits, journal entries, payables and receivables
- Interacts with others effectively by utilizing good oral and written communication skills. Ability to explain complex issues, receive and interpret complex information and respond appropriately
- Ability to work in a team environment required
- Some college education beneficial
- 3-5 years retail or wholesale insurance accounting experience preferred
- Insurance license not required, but beneficial
- Excellent computer skills, proficient in Excel, Outlook and Word preferred
- Experience working in Applied TAM and/or Applied Epic beneficial
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Candidates will be tested
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those candidates identified for further consideration will be contacted.
Email resumes to Nancy@huffinsurance.com
Job Type: Full-time