Maryland Business Auto Insurance
One accident that is not covered properly can cost you your business
Even if your business vehicles are not the primary way your business makes money, they may be the primary way your company loses money. Without a great Maryland business auto insurance policy you may be overpaying and left underinsured.
Business auto insurance in Pasadena is different than personal vehicle insurance. Not only are there generally multiple vehicles but the liability from accidents or claims extends to your business. With business auto you have employees driving your vehicles, and although you can check there Maryland motor vehicle report to be sure that they are a safe driver, you are not with them every minute to make sure that they are using good judgement. As your employees drive up and down Anne Arundel county roads, are they making the same decisions you would, do they have the same driving habits as you?
You need to make sure that your coverage levels for your business auto insurance are high enough to protect your business and you personally from any claims--even unwarranted ones--that can be devastating. When your employee is driving your company's van, it is as if all of your assets are in the back of the van. If they cause an accident on Route 100 in Glen Burnie that is devastating, is your current auto limits sufficient to provide enough protection that you don't have to sell the assets of your business to pay the rest of the claim?
Worried about costs? Don't be. Business auto insurance is remarkably inexpensive--especially given how important the protection is to your business.
Maryland Business auto insurance can cover all of the following risks:
- Comprehensive and Collision
- Emergency Roadside Assistance
- Medical Payments
- Loss of earnings
- Uninsured Motor Vehicle
Maryland Business auto insurance is available to any business owner who owns vehicles used for a commercial purpose. Coverage protects owners against damage and liability claims.
When should I have a business auto policy instead of a personal auto policy? If you have any of the following situations then you need a commercial auto policy:
- Go to more than 2 job sites a day
- Use your vehicle in delivery
- Have employees drive your vehicle
- Carry more than 500 lbs of business equipment or supplies in your vehicle
- Want additional limits of protection beyond what is available on the personal lines policy forms
- Have the vehicle titled in a business or LLC name
- The vehicle is more than 10,000 gross vehicle weight
One other area of concern for your business auto is Pollution Liability. if your business vehicle is involved in an accident, the fuel leakage could cause damage that you would be liable for. This risk can be offset with the use of a Pollution Liability Insurance Policy.
Call Huff Insurance in Pasadena to discuss what type of auto policy is right for you.
Here are two reasons to get started right away!
- It's always great to understand and review your current coverage levels -- there may be an opportunity to reduce your costs and expand your coverage.
- It's easy to get a no-risk quote. Simply fill out this short form and we'll get back to you within a day with a surprisingly affordable business auto insurance quote.
At Huff Insurance we also want to talk with you about ways to prevent claims and reduce severity of losses. Do you allow employees to take vehicles home at night? Do you have a drug testing program? Do you carry workers compensation coverage on all drivers? Are vehicles maintained on a schedule? All of these things could reduce your insurance costs and help you save money.